How to Increase Immune System
You will often see around you that many people who look alike in terms of health and stature, some people fall prey to diseases again and again, while some are not affected by weather or infection, etc. (Immune System)
What is the reason after all? Nature has created such a system in every living body, which protects it from harmful bacteria, viruses, and microbes, etc. This is called immunity power or immunity.
Whose immunity is strong, germs are not able to harm even after reaching his body, but whose immunity has become weak, he is not able to withstand the attack of microbes even in the slightest seasonal change.
When the body’s immunity is weak in comparison to external microbes, we first see its effect in the form of cold, flu, cough, fever, etc.
Those who go through such troubles, again and again, should understand that their immunity is not supporting them properly and needs to be strengthened.
The winter season is the season for testing immunity in a way, but the good thing is that it is also the best season to strengthen immunity.
Why Immunity is Weak?
- Unnecessary accumulation of fat in the body.
- Too less weight.
- Excessive consumption of fast food, junk food, etc.
- Lack of proper nutrition to the body.
- Consumption of smoking, alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Long-term use of medicines likes painkillers, antibiotics, etc.
- Being under stress for a long time.
- Sleeping less or sleeping unnecessarily for long periods.
- Lack of physical labor.
- Long stay in a polluted environment.
Immunity is generally weak in childhood and old age, but due to a poor lifestyle, it can weaken even in puberty.
If the pregnant woman’s diet is not good or she is a victim of malnutrition, then there is a possibility of weakening the immunity of the child to be born.
If you eat more sugar then it is harmful to immunity. According to research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, in the case of consuming 100 grams or more of sugar, the ability of white blood cells to kill germs weakens for up to five hours.
Drinking less water weakens the immunity, because, in the absence of enough water, it becomes difficult to remove the foreign matter from the body.
These people have weak immunity
The immune system of the patient of kidney, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. is weak. Hence they need to be taken more care. Since nowadays the sugar related diseases is quite common and people are also careless about it. Therefore, they must pay attention to their immunity.
Elderly (their immune system has started to weaken) and children (their immune system is not fully developed) above 60 years of age are more prone to disease due to weak immune systems. Parents need attention in the matters of children.
Strengthen your body’s immunity to avoid any type of virus. If you have weak immunity, you can soon become a victim of the diseases.
To strengthen immunity, include these things in your diet
Giloy powder is very effective for increasing immunity. Antioxidants are found in Giloy. Consume Giloy powder daily. According to the Ministry of AYUSH, drink water containing Giloy powder.
Amla or Amla Powder
Amla or Amla Powder contains good amount of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in boosting immunity. Consuming 1 to 3 grams of amla powder daily increases immunity.
Hot Turmeric Milk
Consuming hot milk with turmeric milk is very beneficial for health. Immunity also increases by drinking turmeric milk. To increase immunity, drink turmeric milk every morning and evening.
Ashwagandha or Powder Ashwagandha is very effective in increasing immunity. Infection can be prevented by consuming Ashwagandha powder. Take it by mixing Ashwagandha powder in hot water twice a day for 15 days.
Chyawanprash is very helpful in increasing immunity. People who eat Chyawanprash get less sick. In this case, eat one spoon of Chyavaprash daily. This will strengthen your immunity.
Garlic strengthens the immune system by making a lot of antioxidants and gives strength to fight diseases. It contains an element called allicin which enables the body to fight infections and bacteria.
An element called folate is found in spinach, which along with making new cells in the body, also works to repair the DNA present in the cells. Fiber, iron, vitamin C keeps the body healthy in every way.
Mushroom helps in activating white blood cells. It contains a mineral called selenium, antioxidant element, vitamin B, riboflavin, and niacin.
Right Way to Drink Water
Avoid drinking water by taking out the cold bottle directly from the fridge. Fresh water in summer and lukewarm water in winter is a better option. By drinking too much cold water, the mucus present inside the throat becomes rough.
This allows bacteria or viruses to enter the body and cause infection. Therefore it is important to take care.
Make changes in lifestyle
- A brisk walk or any aerobics exercise should be done daily for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Gargle with lukewarm water at night while sleeping. The virus or bacteria reaches the throat through the nose and mouth even after being outside all day. It will end up with a gargle.
- Make yoga a part of your daily routine. Doing Anulom-Vilom and Surya Namaskar for 15 minutes to 30 minutes every day is beneficial.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. No matter how busy your life is, don’t compromise on sleep. It has been observed that people who do not get enough sleep are more ill.
- Control the weight. Being overweight has a bad effect on all the systems of the body which makes the immune system weak.
- The addiction to smoking and drinking alcohol harms the body in many ways.